Thursday, January 7, 2010

Become a Judge for "Save Me A Spot In College" Scholarship Contest!

Last year I got involved with "Save Me A Spot In College" Scholarship Contest and became a judge for their written word category. It was a relatively small commitment in terms of time (just a few hours of essay/poem/story reading), but it was quite an rewarding experience. Most of the kids entering this contest were from under-privileged communities and most of them still haven't mastered the written language, but it was a humbling experience reading their stories and aspirations. Their genuineness just touched me so deeply.

So this year, I am encouraging you to help out this organization to do this amazing thing that aspire and encourage young people to aim high and dream. You can find out more about the contest here. To become a volunteer judge, just fill out this online form. I hope you will enjoy reading those stories as much as I do! :)

Feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions about this. (p.s. I just found out that there is no limitation to geographic location or citizenship for becoming a judge, so feel free to volunteer! wherever you are from!)

4 comments:

  1. Are volunteers restricted only to the residents of USA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sh00nya, hum, that I don't know, but I will shoot an email right now to ask :) will let you know when I find out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sh00nya,

    just to let you know that I got the word that there is no limitation to residency/citizenship or geographic location for becoming a judge. So go ahead and volunteer! It's a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey thanks a lot for sharing this, i too got a reply today and i have registered as a volunteer. I am sure this would be an enriching experience. Congratulations on your Kellogg admit and good luck with the rest of the results :)

    ReplyDelete